Monday 22 December 2014

Sweet pouch swap hosted by Sew Delicious

Sew Delicious hosted a wonderful swap this December. The idea was to make a Christmas themed pouch and add a few goodies. I found it so brilliant and inspiring that didn't hesitate at all to participate. Here are the details: http://www.sewdelicious.com.au/2014/11/sweet-pouch-swap-christmas-edition.html My adventure began with as a flop, though. My initial partner had to withdraw for personal reasons and I was devastated. Fortunately, Ros from Sew Delicious offered to swap with me and...here is the outcome :)

Ros sent me this:

a beautiful pouch and loads of Australian goodies not to mention my new buddy, Mr Kangaroo ;)


The pouch is so well-made and sooo beautiful. I'm absolutely in love with it!

Back and front of the pouch. Believe me! Photos don't do it justice!




I sent this:

 Christmasy pouch made of felt with hand-sewn decorations


filled with goodies - all of my favourite Milka and Kinder Bueno sweets




  and a few 'extras'- patchwork cloth, a bookmark and buttons


 This is how I made the pouch. I used felt as it has this nice feel to it and is quite versatile. I decided to decorate the pouch with some Christmasy motifs and went for a Xmas tree and a bag full of presents. I used my wonderful sewing machine, but since I'm a beginner to the sewing world, I used the machine for the pouch and the inner pouch only and hand - sewed the zipper and the deco. Sure there is a way to do it all on the machine, but I'm a the beginner's level now, so, even though it took me ages ;) it was worth it!



















No comments:

Post a Comment